I love essential oils – not only do they smell absolutely fantastic, but they make me feel quite awake and leave my skin feeling extremely rejuvenated. Nature’s Origin is quite well known for their essential oils, but the essential oil range is not what this post is on. Instead, I want to tell you a bit about a new favourite product of mine, coming from the Nature’s Origin Aromatherapy range. I was so excited to share this product, that I took these images not even an hour after I received this product in the post.
This little roll-on is the peppermint oil, the scent is light, fresh and it goes on very smoothly. This range is supposed to “provide aromatherapy needs for the mind, body and soul.” I believe that it does just that. This range is made from the most natural and pure ingredients, is paraben free, and best yet – not tested on animals. The peppermint oil is refreshing and revitalizing, and it can be used topically or for massage. If you are not a fan of the peppermint scent, there are eight other oils in the range for you to try. My favourite way to use this oil, other than rolling it straight on to my skin, is to put some on my hands and run it through the tips of my hair. The oil is so nourishing and adds a lovely shine to my hair. Another added benefit is that it’s small enough to carry around in my handbag, which means it’s easy to use on the go.
Essential oils are a must in my skincare routine. I absolutely adore them. Another way that I like to use them is in the shower. You may ask, how can one use an oil in the shower? Nature’s Origin provided me with a lovely recipe for a DIY salt scrub, and this particular scrub is one product that I can no longer shower without. The salt exfoliates your skin whilst the oil energizes and revives your skin, giving a youthful and healthy glow. Perfect, right? I thought so, too. This salt scrub recipe uses the Lavender and Eucalyptus oils in the aromatherapy range. I will provide the recipe below in case you would like to try it for yourself!
Do you like to use essential oils in your skincare routine? How do you like to use them? Let me know in the comments!
DIY Lavender Eucalyptus Salt Scrub:
- 1 pint size Mason Jar
- 2 cups salts (1 cup of Epsom salt, ½ cup fine sea salt, ½ cup table salt)
- 1 cup of Nature’s Origin™ Sweet Almond Carrier oil
- 20 drops of Nature’s Origin™ Lavender essential oil
- 20 drops of Nature’s Origin™ Eucalyptus essential oil
- Blend carrier oil and essential oils together.
- Blend the salts together.
- Once both parts are blended, pour the salts into the oil mixture and gently stir until completely blended. The salt will not completely dissolve.
- Once the mixture is blended, scoop the salt scrub into containers and seal tightly.
- You can either put one large scoop of the salt scrub in a bath for an aroma-therapeutic experience, or use as a regular scrub in the shower for an exfoliating, nourishing and fresh effect.
** The product in this post was kindly sent by the Influenster team**